Our Company

 

MCH Manufacturing Company (MCH) was formed in 1945. The company began by making light sheet metal products first at Redfern then Annandale. In 1947 the founders of the business saw a need in the marketplace for letter boxes due to the post-war housing boom. This decision led to letterboxes becoming the core business of the enterprise. Initially only one style was made but as the years went by more & more designs were introduced.

In 1955, MCH became a proprietary company and in 1960 moved to larger premises at Enmore. Within a decade with business expanding larger premises were again needed and in 1970 the move was made to Bankstown.

In 1992, the Bankstown premises were extended as more space was required for new machinery as well as modern methods for inwards & outwards stock movement.

In 1998, MCH acquired the business of ALTONE extending the range to include extruded aluminium mailboxes.

In 2000 MCH and Altone were registered as trademarks & we began the new millennium trading under the name MCH Altone.

During 2006 we achieved the Quality Accreditation to ISO 9001 and this has been maintained in subsequent years.

Our range expanded again in 2008 to include letterboxes made from marine grade stainless steel. Today the company continues to reasearch & develop new designs, new methods and new ideas.

 


Top of Page